- Unreliable system due to very old generators onsite
- Replacement of the old generators with three (3) new medium voltage generators each
- Needed comprehensive power system study for the generation plant including three new generators alongside the three older generators
- Optimize electrical power management
- Provide load shedding to protect critical operating equipment
Solution: "Comprehensive Power Systems Analysis & Automation"
- Modeling the entire offshore generation plant
- Dynamic modeling of all the existing and new generators including exciters, governors and PSS
- Dynamic modeling of all the large motors / pumps affecting the stability of the system
- Performed "Power Flow" study and validating all the possible scenarios against the existing benchmarks
- Performed "Short Circuit" study and "Device Evaluation" for worst case scenario faults
- Performed protection evaluation and "Protective Device Coordination" including the medium / low voltage networks
- Performed "Transient Stability" with all the possible scenarios and generators/system impacts to determine the stability limits of the machines
- Set all the under/over frequency and power relays along with the voltage constraint relays
- Equipped the customer with the "Power System Management" and "Intelligent Load Shedding"